[asterisk-users] dialing timing problem?

Michael Higgins linux at evolone.org
Fri Feb 27 15:32:01 CST 2009

Preparing to use * for a 'real' installation shortly.

Meanwhile, I've got a single port clone thing, 00:06.0 Communication controller: Motorola Wildcard X100P working to answer my landline and send calls to my laptop or voicemail. Sweet!

Trying to "call out" from linphone, I set up this:

exten => _X.,1,Dial(DAHDI/1,${EXTEN})

Both SIP client and this extension are in default context.

Now, I get a dial tone, but the dialing is just not happening. Some tones are generated, but not in time. Seems random... Clock issues?

OTOH, I can originate from the CLI to my SIP extension. What does this mean?

Any help with troubleshooting this appreciated. Some info:

/etc/asterisk/sip.conf
context=default
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
tcpenable=no
tcpbindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
[authentication]
[basic-options](!)
        dtmfmode=rfc2833
        context=from-office
        type=friend
[natted-phone](!,basic-options)
        nat=yes
        canreinvite=no
        host=dynamic
[public-phone](!,basic-options)
        nat=no
        canreinvite=yes
[my-codecs](!)
        disallow=all
        allow=ilbc
        allow=g729
        allow=gsm
        allow=g723
        allow=ulaw
[ulaw-phone](!)
        disallow=all
        allow=ulaw
[linphone]
type=friend
context=default
secret=secret
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
defaultuser=mykhyggz
defaultip=192.168.0.100

/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
[trunkgroups]
[channels]
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
signalling=fxs_ks
group=1
channel => 1
#include /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf

; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Thu Feb 26 16:17:56 2009 -- do not hand edit
; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
;
; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is intended
; to be #include-d by /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf that will include the global settings
;

; Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X100P Board 1" (MASTER)
;;; line="1 WCFXO/0/0 FXSKS  (In use)"
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0
context=from-pstn
channel => 1
callerid=
group=
context=default

I don't really know if these configs are all that matters to this problem.

Kernel clock/timer stuff:

zgrep RTC /proc/config.gz |grep -vP '^#'
CONFIG_RTC_LIB=m
CONFIG_RTC_CLASS=m
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_SYSFS=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_PROC=y
CONFIG_RTC_INTF_DEV=y

zgrep TIMER /proc/config.gz |grep -vP '^#'
CONFIG_TIMERFD=y
CONFIG_HPET_TIMER=y
CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y
CONFIG_HANGCHECK_TIMER=y
CONFIG_SND_TIMER=m

# lsmod |grep rtc
genrtc                  6092  0
# lsmod |grep timer
snd_timer              15428  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd                    37348  11 snd_seq,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_ens1371,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /
 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org