[asterisk-users] what is the effect of high LBO settings?

Brandon B. brandon at brellsystems.com
Fri Feb 27 15:07:44 CST 2009

I'm working on an Asterisk system with all of it's PRI ports configured with
the LBO setting at 5, like this:

    span=3,0,5,esf,b8zs

As of yet, I am unwilling to change the LBO to 0 to where it probably should
be because the system is working and I'm not sure exactly what the LBO does.
I'm aware some changes were made to deal with low audio levels. Does anybody
know  what audio effects could this possibly have with short cabling? Also,
I am trying to cross connect with another Asterisk system with the normal
LBO setting (i.e. span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs) but as of yet the systems aren't
seeing each other at all. Could the side with the high LBO be confusing the
other side somehow?

Brandon.