[asterisk-users] Current state of Asterisk and Virtualization?

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Fri Feb 27 09:44:12 CST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 6:01 PM, Senad Jordanovic wrote:

> Gavin Henry wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In a pure VoIP env, what is the current state of do's and don't s of
>> virtualizing * in order to provide multiple separate instances, say
>> for hosting lots of Asterisk-gui/FreePBX/a-n-other gui?
>>
>> I've read lots of threads going back to 2007 and I'm in the general
>> option that kvm is the way to go now, if at all.
>>
>> If dadhi_dummy/zt_dummy is still an issue for conferencing etc. a
>> conference box could be put along side the vm hardware and have a
>> card
>> in it.
>>
>> Thoughts, experiences and being told to shut up are all very much
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> http://www.bicomsystems.com/products/C/P/797/411/

...and also:

http://voxilla.com/2009/02/12/amazon-ec2-voip-1096
http://voxilla.com/2009/02/13/asterisk-amazon-ec2-1178
http://voxilla.com/2009/02/18/asterisk-on-the-cloud-with-a-click-1405

and:

http://www.simionovich.com/?p=180
http://www.simionovich.com/?p=243
...and lots of others on Nir's blog.

Even MORE resources/questions/answers:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ztxen&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=
http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&safe=off&q=xen+and+ztdummy&btnG=Search

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/