[asterisk-users] Current state of Asterisk and Virtualization?

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 13:33:04 CST 2009

Hi all,

In a pure VoIP env, what is the current state of do's and don't s of
virtualizing * in order to provide multiple separate instances, say
for hosting lots of Asterisk-gui/FreePBX/a-n-other gui?

I've read lots of threads going back to 2007 and I'm in the general
option that kvm is the way to go now, if at all.

If dadhi_dummy/zt_dummy is still an issue for conferencing etc. a
conference box could be put along side the vm hardware and have a card
in it.

Thoughts, experiences and being told to shut up are all very much appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Sent from my mobile device

http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/