[asterisk-users] AGI problem using mono (.Net)

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Thu Feb 26 12:46:57 CST 2009

An update here. Yesterday's problem has been solved (partly). After
looking closer at the results of my perl script, as well as looking at
the documentation, I realized that we were leaving the escape character
argument off of the STREAM FILE command in the mono application. After
appending "" to the STREAM FILE filename, we are now seeing asterisk
"attempt" to play the file (both in the console and
/var/log/asterisk/full log).

New problem:
==============
Although we see the following in our logs / asterisk console:
[Feb 26 11:11:05] VERBOSE[9824] logger.c:     -- Playing 'filename'
(escape_digits=) (sample_offset 0)

All that the caller hears is a very brief click. And then the dial plan
continues. This is causing me to wonder whether asterisk halts playback
of the file, if the AGI script that send the STREAM FILE command
completes/returns. Talking to my developer, I asked him to create a loop
after sending the STREAM FILE command and read from stdin until he gets
a string that starts with 200. I'm supposing that asterisk would send
this AFTER the audio file has successfully played out. But again, this
is only a guess.

Thanks so much for the responses you provided yesterday. I look forward
to further information you can assist us with.

Sincerely,
-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant