[asterisk-users] Residential portals and real world scalability

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Thu Feb 26 11:39:27 CST 2009

Hey all, I have a couple of questions.

1) What is the maximum amount of registrations and ongoing
calls you've been able to achieve on your Asterisk systems.
Please do not respond with marketing hyperbole. I'm looking
for real world implementation in the thousands range. For
instance, max I recall having on one souped up server was
a couple hundred registrations with no more than 70 ongoing
calls simultaneously. The farm of Asterisk servers we had
were split to accomodate a couple thousand users.

So again, what's the maximum "effective" amount of users
you've been able to support without coming to a crawling
halt because of a memory leak or other cluster.... that
brought your system to a reload.

2) What - if any - portal have you come across that gives
a "Vonage" like offering to your end user. Please do not
respond with "Trixbox!" as I'm looking to find something
which can potentially accomodate over 5,000 users to begin
with.

Off-list answers appreciated if need be. Trying to find
something in a turn-key (not turkey) solution to deploy
to scrap something built in house. Would like to be able
to offer residential users the ability to destroy their
dialplans (remote call forwarding, find me follow me,
see/print bill) etc.

I'd appreciate real world experiences and have already
been down the VoIP-Info road looking at the majority of
platforms offered (A2Billing, Supertec, etc.) with no
success.

J. Oquendo
SGFA, SGFE, C|EH, CNDA, CHFI, OSCP

"Enough research will tend to support your
conclusions." - Arthur Bloch

"A conclusion is the place where you got
tired of thinking" - Arthur Bloch

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5CCD6B5E