[asterisk-users] call-limit on a per destination basis

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Thu Feb 26 04:59:57 CST 2009

Hello,

I use asterisk to to IAX2 trunking between London POP & Reunion Island pop.
I would like to know if it's possible to do a kind of call-limit (i.e.
restrict to XX) channels but on a per dialcode and / or destination basis.

For example:

[trunk]
; reunion proper, i want to send no more than 24 channels
exten => _0262XXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/mytrunk/${EXTEN})

; reunion mobile, i want to send no more than 12 channels
exten => _0692XXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/mytrunk/${EXTEN})
exten => _0693XXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/mytrunk/${EXTEN})

How would you go about it? Currently my IAX2 peer definition looks like
this:

# machine in london
[mytrunk]
type=friend
host=$reunion_ip
trunk=yes
qualify=yes
context=route

# machine in reunion island
[mytrunk]
type=friend
host=$london_ip
trunk=yes
qualify=yes
context=route

I use version Asterisk 1.4.11, production environment currently doing 25,000
minutes / day (that means if i want to upgrade i need to do it on separate
servers just in case something goes wrong).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.