[asterisk-users] AGI problem using mono (.Net)

Eric Wieling, Asteria Solutions Group ewieling at asteriasgi.com
Wed Feb 25 17:41:07 CST 2009

Douglas Mortensen wrote:

> I have a software developer creating a .Net / mono program to use as an
> AGI script. We are having problems getting it to stream files. From what
> we can tell, it is talking to asterisk correctly when called from the
> dial plan. Its stderr output goes to the asterisk console. But asterisk
> doesn't give any indication that it receives the STREAM FILE command.
> Asterisk simply quickly executes the program and moves to the next step
> of the dial plan, as though it didn't receive any commands from the
> program.
>
> We know it is running, and outputting its results, because we have
> called it from within a bash script, and in doing so, I set the script
> to output stdout to a txt file for testing (like this >
> /var/log/asterisk/querylog). When we do this, the file does end up with
> the first line showing STREAM FILE filename.
>
> We're at a bit of a loss as to what's going on. We have checked
> filenames and are pretty sure that there are no typos and that the files
> are there. Further, I have a perl agi script using asterisk::agi that
> also does a STREAM FILE which runs without any problem. In our dial
> plan, my perl script runs, gets data from the user via the keypad, puts
> it in a channel variable, then exits, and his AGI script is immediately
> called as the next step of the dial plan receiving the channel variable
> as an argument.

STDERR only goes to the Asterisk console if you are running 1.4 or later
and enable agi debug in the CLI.

I seem to recall something about AGIs not working correctly (streamfile
or DTMF read) if your AGI script does not process the input Asterisk
sends it on STDIN when Asterisk starts the AGI.  I don't know if it
applies here, but it's worth looking at.

--
Eric Wieling * Asteria Solutions Group * Huntsville, AL
Call centers * IVRs * Enterprise PBXs * Conferencing applications
256-705-0277 * http://www.asteriasgi.com/ * sales at asteriasgi.com