[asterisk-users] DID's in a specific rate center

M Hulber asterisk-admin at hulber.com
Wed Feb 25 15:13:22 CST 2009

Since it's not clear from this thread of conversation, do you need 100
unique DIDs?  If you do:

    That NPA is owned by Pacbell with the central office:  SCRMCA12

    I don't know if anyone but Pacbell will have numbers in that NPA.

    Since I use them and am happy with the service, you can try
    contacting http://www.jnctn.com and ask if they can get numbers
    there.  I do see they have others in the Sacramento area, in fact I
    have a Sacramento number with them already.

If you don't and you just need outbound channels you can buy one (or
more) DIDs and then use that as the caller-id setting for all the
outbound calls.  This is perfectly legal since you own the DID that you
are using as the caller-id.  The channels you are using for outbound
calling don't have a DID associated with them so you need to associate
it with one by setting the caller-id to an owned/valid DID.  They don't
have to be unique.

What is illegal is to set caller-id to a fraudulent value such that the
person on the other end will not be able to correctly identify the
originator of the call.