[asterisk-users] Polycom Spectralink 8002 Configuration

M Hulber asterisk-admin at hulber.com
Wed Feb 25 10:23:35 CST 2009

I agree with the comments on the intended target market for this phone.
In defense of Polycom, if your TFTP server is external you could connect
to a remote access point by setting up WEP/WPA fairly easily from
Starbucks or wherever you are.  If it requires web authentication to get
through the firewall then I suppose you would have a problem.  Your
config files would need to be location agnostic but that's not such a
big deal.

This is the only WIFI phone I have come across that has decent
reliability reviews and a "fairly" reasonable price point.  Having had
it for a couple days now, it is very simple for the user (not
necessarily the admin).

It appears that not all APs explicitly advertise in their specifications
that they support WMM.  I have an AP that supports WISH but nowhere do I
see any documentation that it supports WMM but it works ok.  I think
WISH leverages WMM from the brief searching I did.