[asterisk-users] Aastra phones

Greg Kennedy gregkennedy at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:05:05 CST 2009

> Message: 13
> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:13:41 -0500
> From: Mike <list at virtutel.ca>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Aastra phones
> 	Non-Commercial	Discussion' <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> I was hoping for a unattended firmware upgrade.  Let's say I have 50 phones
> out in the field; just changing the firmware file (i.e.: replacing 9143i.st)
> would upgrade all phones, without any intervention on my part.
>
> That's what I do with my 200+ Polycom phones.
>
> Possible or not?
>
> Mike
Mike,

I just login to each phone when i install them originally and set the tftp settings to be the right filename and server. I also store the config files on the server as well, much easier to make changes to all the phones or do upgrades, I just update the firmware and then blast out a sip notify out to the phones in wanna upgrade. Its a little more labor intensive on setup, but once done, it rocks. I do the same for my polycoms. I have a mix of both, across 12 sites, and i remotely update them all all the time. Its just a pain to setup one time, then its cake!!