[asterisk-users] Configuring chan_dahdi.conf for Sangoma A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card

Ketema Harris ketema at ketema.net
Tue Feb 24 14:41:57 CST 2009

Hi I have been having a rough time getting a Sangoma A200/Remora FXO/
FXS Analog AFT card set up properly.

The main issue is that the card has four ports and as far as I can
tell Asterisk is only seeing two.  On the two that it recognizes the
"Green" FXS ports are not green, they just are not lit.  The "RED" FXO
ports are indeed red, but from what I have read your not supposed to
plug the analog phone into those.  So from my standpoint its not
"working"  below is some more info about my system.  Any help would be
appreciated.

I am running the following:

http://wiki.sangoma.com/sangoma-hardware#A200

Asterisk 1.6.0.5
dahdi-linux-2.1.0.4
dahdi-tools-2.1.0.2
wanpipe-3.3.15.20
linux kernel 2.6.27

The card is detected, but I can only get two channels configured.
Here is my chan_dahdi.conf

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
progzone=us
tonezone=0
jbenable=yes

;Sangoma AFT-A200 [slot:4 bus:5 span:1]  <wanpipe1>
context=default
group=0
echocancel=yes
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1

context=default
group=0
echocancel=yes
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 2

dahdi show version
DAHDI Version: 2.1.0.4 Echo Canceller: MG2

dahdi show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4
Fra Codi Options  LBO
wrtdm Board 1                            OK      0      0      0
CAS Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

dahdi show channels
    Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
Blocked    State
  pseudo            from-zaptel
default                         In Service
       1            default
default                         In Service
       2            default
default                         In Service

Whenever asterisk starts or chan_dahdi.so is reloaded I get the
following:

[Feb 24 15:23:41] WARNING[10206]: chan_dahdi.c:14304 process_dahdi:
Ignoring signalling at line 38.
     -- Reconfigured channel 1, FXS Kewlstart signalling
[Feb 24 15:23:41] WARNING[10206]: chan_dahdi.c:14304 process_dahdi:
Ignoring signalling at line 44.
     -- Reconfigured channel 2, FXS Kewlstart signalling

My goal is:

1) Get Dialtone for my analog phone.
2) Be able to send and make calls from my analog phone
3) Be able to receive and send faxes from my fax machine

My service provider is VOIP, so I will never be getting or sending
calls from/to the traditional telco.  But I do believe I should be
able to send and receive calls from this device out to my SIP provider.