[asterisk-users] chan_sip and database integration

Tue Feb 24 03:56:07 CST 2009

Hi!

I tried to understand how chan_sip can be configured by means of a
database. I found these 2 different approaches (please correct me if I
am wrong):

static configuration: the sip.conf file is mapped to a database table.
The table contains one line for each line in sip.conf.

realtime configuration: the peers/users are stored in the database using
a single line for each peer/user.

"Static" does not eases provisioning as configuring a SIP peer/user
using this approach is really complicated - it is just a method to store
.conf files in database.

"realtime" really eases provisioning of SIP peers/users. You only have
to insert/update/delete a single line. But functionality is different -
there are limitations as these objects are not stored in memory (can be
cached), for example device status information.

What I am looking for is a method to provision peers/users with a single
line in the database, but without limitations. Thus, the peers need not
to be realtime but are loaded on "sip reload".

So is there a possiblity to have static peer/users configuration using a
nice and easy way?

thanks
klaus