[asterisk-users] HDD FULLL

David fire ddfire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:39:52 CST 2009

go to the previos dir and do
ls -lha <target dir>
write somewhere the owner and the attributes
rm <target dir> -r -f

you will erase all the target directory and all the sub directorys.

then
mkdir <target dir>
chmod atributes <target dir>

chown owner.group <target dir>

if you have problems use man <command>

and use the off topics only for emergencys if not  some day no one will
answer you.

you are new on this i am newby too but is very importat to know where ask
what...
and download any free linux book and READ IT!!!
David

2009/2/24 David @ULC <ucoms2001 at gmail.com>

> When I am trying to delete voice logs,
> [root at vicidialnow monitor]# rm * -r -f
> -bash: /bin/rm: Argument list too long
> [root at vicidialnow monitor]#
>
> Argument list too long is coming as a road block.
>
> Now way to forcefully delete files ?
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:30 AM, David @ULC <ucoms2001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> [root at vicidialnow ~]# find / -type f -size +200M
>> /proc/kcore
>> /var/log/httpd/error_log.3
>> /var/log/httpd/access_log.3
>> /var/log/httpd/access_log.1
>> /var/log/httpd/error_log.2
>> /var/log/httpd/error_log.4
>> /var/log/httpd/access_log.2
>> /var/log/httpd/access_log.4
>> /var/log/httpd/error_log.1
>>
>> I believe I can easily delete Log file.
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:05 AM, David @ULC <ucoms2001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have 320 GB SATA HDD.
>>>
>>> When I checked my phpsysinfo, it shows 95% HDD is filled.
>>>
>>> [root at vicidialnow ~]# df
>>> Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
>>> /dev/sda2 301924504 285002780 1337472 100% /
>>> /dev/sda1 101086 11062 84805 12% /boot
>>> tmpfs 1553832 0 1553832 0% /dev/shm
>>> [root at vicidialnow ~]# du
>>> 16896 .
>>> You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
>>>
>>> [root at vicidialnow ~]# df -i
>>> Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
>>> /dev/sda2 77922304 528483 77393821 1% /
>>> /dev/sda1 26104 34 26070 1% /boot
>>> tmpfs 219910 1 219909 1% /dev/shm
>>> You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
>>>

>>> But my concern is how to solve it
>>>
>>> I even tried restarting the server , though it will kill unwanted process
>>> and will release the space but no ho

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.