[asterisk-users] Managing the spiralling costs

Vikas topgun9 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:10:06 CST 2009

I have been using the inbound 800 services from vitelity. Slowly the
usage has been rising and in the month of Jan the bill was for $650. I
am currently on a 1.9 cents a minute plan. Am I paying too much ?

Some suggestions my team generated to reduce the toll free incoming
call bill were:

1. When people call in on the 800 number take the local number they
are calling from and then call them back from our unlimited outgoing
account from broadvoice.

2. Find a vendor with a better rate.

Any idea what we can do to better manage the 800 cost.

Thanks for your time,

Vikas