[asterisk-users] 5ess

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Feb 23 17:38:15 CST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 17:13 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> > What are they using for the clock source?
> >

> The digium card is setup for NET. they are cpe.

I think you're confused here... NET and CPE don't control the clock
source, they simply specify which end of the connection is the network
(pri_net) and which side is the customer premises equipment (pri_cpe).

The clock source is set on the span= line in /etc/dahdi/system.conf (or
zaptel.conf for Zaptel).

Can you paste your span line(s) and give us a description of all the
spans on that T1 card?

One other setting you might try changing is the "resetinterval" setting
in chan_dahdi.conf (zapata.conf for Zapata) configuration file.  I
typically set "resetinterval=never", so that Asterisk doesn't reset the
idle B-channels every hour.

--
Jared Smith
Digium, Inc. | Training Manager