[asterisk-users] Compiling asterisk-addons-1.6.0 under Debian 2.6.18?

Bruce Komito brucek at bagel.com
Mon Feb 23 14:26:09 CST 2009

Is there some magic to compiling asterisk-addons-1.6.0 under Debian 2.6.18
and mysql 5.0?  I am unable to get configure to recognize the existance of
mysqlclient.  Imparticular, when it gets to:

checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... it returns "no".

For the past several releases, I've had to hack or otherwise coerce this
to work, but this time, no amount of fiddling with options or hacking the
script seems to get me anywhere.  And, of course, if configure doesn't
think mysql is installed properly, it won't build the addons that depend
on mysql.

Anyone have this experience and a workaround for it?

TIA

Bruce Komito
WPTI Telecom
(775) 236-5815