[asterisk-users] Voicemail and ADSI

Eric Wieling, Asteria Solutions Group ewieling at asteriasgi.com
Mon Feb 23 13:32:54 CST 2009

Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> Anyone using this feature of asterisk's voicemail?  I'd never heard of
> ADSI, and saw it as I was perusing the voicemail source this morning.  Is
> it some kind of visual way of managing voicemail on your phone's display,
> or does it require a terminal of some kind?

It requires an ADSI analog phone.  It's not nearly as cool as it sounds
like.  IIRC, ADSI uses 2400bps FSK bursts to do what it does.  It does
not help that most ADSI phones seem to be locked by the telco or the vendor.

--
Eric Wieling * Asteria Solutions Group * Huntsville, AL
Call centers * IVRs * Enterprise PBXs * Conferencing applications
256-705-0277 * http://www.asteriasgi.com/ * sales at asteriasgi.com