[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.0.5 as non root and moh perm issue

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Feb 23 08:14:19 CST 2009

Have you tried this?

'su - asterisk
'cd /var/lib/asterisk/moh

When this works, so will *.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Joseph L.
Casale
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:06 PM
To: 'asterisk-users at lists.digium.com'
Subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.0.5 as non root and moh perm issue

I am running Asterisk as non root and have set the required permissions for
all
directories including the moh dir specified in musiconhold.conf yet asterisk
still complains it doesn't have access when starting? I get:

WARNING[3600]: res_musiconhold.c:987 moh_scan_files: chdir() failed:
Permission denied

I ran asterisk with strace, and don't see it failing to access anything?

Anyone know why?

Thanks!
jlc