[asterisk-users] Dial() application 'g' option

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Sun Feb 22 08:51:18 CST 2009

I am running a pretty current svn version of 1.6.0 so your version might be
different.

If you use both options g and h on the dial command then if the called party
hangs up you continue to the step after the dial. DIALSTATUS will be ANSWER
so you can use that to go to some spot where you can set a variable to some
value and then do Hangup() and it goes to the h extension. If the caller
hangs up you go straight to the h extension.

When you get to the h extension the following variables might be useful
DIALSTATUS, DIALEDTIME, ANSWEREDTIME, BRIDGEPEER, DIALEDPEERNUMBER,
DIALEDPEERNAME and CHANNEL

--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com