[asterisk-users] DIAL() application 'g' option

Geoff Lane geoff at gjctech.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 06:27:53 CST 2009

Hi All,

Asterisk 1.4.12 on CentOS 5

I'm trying to increment an AstDB key with the length of the last
outgoing call. Here's what I've got for "01" UK geographical numbers:

exten => _01.,1,Dial(${UKGeographical}/${EXTEN},,g)
exten => _01.,n,Log(NOTICE,Call to ${EXTEN} lasted ${DIALEDTIME})
exten => _01.,n,Set(CALLTIME=${DIALEDTIME})
exten => _01.,n,Set(ACCUMULATED=${DB(freevoip/seconds)})
exten => _01.,n,Set(DB(freevoip/seconds)=$[${ACCUMULATED}+${CALLTIME}])

The first priority after the Dial() application is there to log the
call in /var/log/asterisk/messages

This extension is proving flaky at best. On very few occasions,
processing has continued after the Dial() application (which is the
behaviour I thought the "g" option was meant to specify). However, on
most outgoing calls processing goes straight from Dial() to the first
priority of the "h" extension (i.e. the default behaviour that should
occur without the "g" option). On the few occasions that processing
continues with the next priority after the call to Dial(), the call is
logged and the AstDB key updated as expected.

Is this a known bug? Have I done something wrong?

TIA,

--
Geoff