[asterisk-users] help needed -- chanspy

Deepak dlalmtl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:37:09 CST 2009

Hi, I require some urgent advice/help concerning chanspy.

We have a web interface that lists all bridged SIP calls (show channels
concise) When we click on the call, our local extension rings. When we pick
up to spy, parties involved in the call that we are spying on are suddenly
unable to hear each other. This happens as soon as we start spying...

why is this happening?

We are using asterisk 1.6.0.5

the setup is:

analog phone<->quintum<-->asterisk<--->PSTNGW

This makes no sense since all we are doing is "listening' to the call which
is in progress. Why would the people suddenly stop hearing each other.

The options to chanspy we are using are "q". We also tried "qb" but that
makes no difference.

Thanks for any help