[asterisk-users] AGI script

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Feb 20 14:23:31 CST 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, michel freiha wrote:

> The file dial.pl is executable and own by root as you can see below
>
> ls -lrt
> -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   1865 Feb 20 21:18 dial.pl

Using the "very large hammer" (AKA chmod 777) to "solve"
permissions problems indicates a "very large gap" in understanding the
implications.

Think about what the following command executed by any user on your system
would do:

 	echo "rm --force --recursive /" >dial.pl

> Regarding the script debug test please find below what did I get:
>
> [root at switch1 agi-bin]# /usr/bin/perl -wc dial.pl
> Can't locate Asterisk/AGI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

So now you have identified your problem -- you haven't satisfied the
prerequisites for the script.

Thanks in advance,