[asterisk-users] Polycom Phones start to break up after being up a LONG time

Barry D. Hassler barry.hassler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:41:33 CST 2009

Has anyone else encountered this? I have a fairly large installation (~50
phones, almost all Polycom 501's and a handful of 601's. We're running into
a number of phones on which the outbound voice (Polycom phone user doesn't
hear any problems, but the other end does) is breaking up occasionally --
enough to be noticeable and make you say "what?". In each case, rebooting
the phone has resolved the symptoms, but I'd like to know if there is a
known problem.

most of these phones would be up for several months now (installed this past
summer), and unless there are any power outages, would not be restarted
specifically.

I'm planning on restarting all the phones over the weekend, but as this is a
24-hour operation, we'd like to avoid interrupting phones at all.

--
Barry D. Hassler
President, HCST

http://www.hcst.net/