[asterisk-users] Annoying silence suppression effect on my digium E1 card with the VPMADT032 module

Loic Didelot ldidelot at mixvoip.com
Thu Feb 19 13:43:45 CST 2009

Hello,
I have several customers describing something like annoying "silence
suppression". So I did some tests and I can confirm. After disabling
echo cancellation in zapata.conf the "silence suppression" effect is
gone, but there is a little echo of course.

I do not have this problem on other boxes where I am using oslec as an
echo canceller.

All my calls are SIP to ZAP (E1). I tested with different SIP clients,
so the problem is not there.

I would really like to use the hardware echo canceller I bought, is
there any way to tune it or change a few things?

Best regards,
Loïc.