[asterisk-users] AGI pdf book

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 19 10:19:12 CST 2009

>This problem is only going to get worse as the so-called 'recession' bites...
>fellow I.T. professionals - get used to your clients trying to weasel free
>service out of you. Everything I am hearing from fellow I.T. people is that
>there is no shortage of 'work' but a lot of clients are resisting paying.

Not entirely.  I've been trying for two years to get someone to work with my small Linux system.  One guy never had time to come.  I finally got someone out who was going to charge either $125 or $175 per hour (USD) depending on whether he decided it was a computer problem or a network problem (which is about twice what I charge for Embedded hardware and software development).  He spent an hour here and had to go to his next appointment.  My little Samba problem was beyond his ability to solve!  Fortunately, he realized that he hadn't done anything and didn't charge.

Wilton