[asterisk-users] Network architecture

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy megahohol at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 04:02:03 CST 2009

I think in this case when 5k call are involved i think all the difficulty of
the project is to split the load on different parts of the system. In my
case i would do it like that:

Phones --->Opensips (Double server with heartbeat and in different places)
....................|
....................|
..............asterisk 1-n (mainly for voicemail)

Opensips should easily handle you registrations and calls, you just need the
LCR module for outgoing and dbalias for incoming. If you need the 100% exact
and accurate CDR you should consider mediaproxy, the advantage of mediaproxy
is that it is capable if detecting if there is no more udp traffic and send
BYE packet, the disadvantage is considerable, the traffic is going through
your system, many mediaproxy servers are advised in this case, also they
need to be installed in strategic points (close to clients). I would let
asterisk to do it's part of voicemail server only. Opensips is a great tool,
look at their site, also look at cdrtool and mediaproxy. I hope my post
helped.