[asterisk-users] Friday Feb 20th 12 Noon EST: Jason Fischl from Counterpath on VUC

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 02:32:59 CST 2009

Hi,

Few subjects cause as many arguments as "which SIP client works best?"
on IRC #asterisk, voip forums, and probably the -users mailing list. I
have tried most of the SIP clients available in the last 5 years, both
with Asterisk and other platforms such as OnSIP.com, IConnectHere.com,
ZipDX.com and the venerable old FWD (in the days when that almost
worked). Speaking of ZipDX, we continue to have a g722 wideband bridge
open and bridged to Talkshoe thanks to them. Some of our callers are
on wideband using Polycoms or Eyebeam wideband.

(open = can of worms)
I maintain that X-Lite (now Eyebeam) is the best SIP client I've ever
used on anything. I have been on Talkshoe.com for well over 300
hundred hours using both X-Lite and the newer Eyebeam client and it
never once broke the call or hung up. Each call is at least 90 minutes
long and more usually double that. Counterpath deserves credit for a
great product IMO and we asked them to come and bear the outrageous
slings and arrows of the Voip Users Conference to answer your
questions and hear your comments and suggestions.

I hope you will take advantage of the fact that we get folks like
Jason Fischi from Counterpath, Mike Seto from Polycom (2 weeks ago) or
our own Allison Smith (last week) to come by and meet them live. We
usually have at least one person from Digium online as well, the likes
of Jarrod Smith or John Todd and sometimes, if you listen just right,
you'll hear Russell B.
You can also listen to the recordings, but that's not quite the same.
You are invited to join us live any Friday at 12 Noon EST using any
SIP client you like or the PSTN if that's your thing.

We are also currently working with Polycom on some example apps that
you can actually use as springboards to  develop your own programs
that talke to the Polycom and use its microbrowser to advantage.

http://VoipUsersConference.org

IRC #voip-users-conference

SIP: 7463#22622#${PIN}@proxy.ideassip.com  - get a PIN from
Talkshoe.com, it takes less than a minute