[asterisk-users] Credit Card processing machines

Kinjal Dixit kinjal.dixit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:21:12 CST 2009

Ideally the person needs to enter the credit card number, expiration date in
mmyy format (which is the format in which the expiration date is shown on
the card), and the ccv number.  The amount would probably be calculated on
the basis of the outstanding amounts, or the products selected.  Think of
trying to buy a plane ticket or pay a bill.  You are unlikely to want the
caller to enter the amount.  The thing is to structure the IVR in such a way
that the caller is informed of the amount and does not have to enter it.  If
you take a far out case of a donation help line, you can simply go "for $5
press 1, for $10 press 2, for $20 press 3".  If someone wanted to donate
$15, too bad for us.  If it turns out a lot of people want to donate $15,
you can simply adjust the IVR (and of course the other logic).

This is a simple enough task.  The big deal is supposed to be in ensuring
that the date and the ccv number DTMF do not show up in any log files or
trace files, and surely do not get logged by the application.  You can
simply turn off all DTMF logging, but you dont want to do that.  Only the
place where you accept the secure information, the logging should be
absolutely turned off.

Getting the issue?

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And is there a bank accept to give such kind of communication?
>
> The user was able to dial his card number and the amount from his phone (or
> IP Phone registered with Asterisk), and Asterisk communicate with the bank
> or company credit card provider?
>
> How the user will enter $50.25?
> What about expiration date of the credit card?
>
> Regards
> Bilal
>
> ------------------------
> > > Our creditcard company's small print _insists_ on
> > a direct analog
> > > exchange line
> > > with no other devices in between.
> > >
> > > Tim.
> > >
> > > Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
> > > www.westhawk.co.uk
> > >

> > You can do it an interface using AGI to comunicate with
> > equipment or verifone.  I did it once

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjaldixit

open networker