[asterisk-users] Accumulated call time

David fire ddfire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:39:51 CST 2009

use the h exten.
when someone hangup dial go to exten h.
or  put the option in the dial command to go to the next priority on hangup
but there is a problem if during the call they transfer it to other exten
you dont have the next priority.
David

2009/2/18 Geoff Lane <geoff at gjctech.co.uk>

> Hi All,
>
> Asterisk 1.4.12 CentOS 5
>
> My ISP account includes nearly 500 minutes of VOIP calls per month but
> the service is expensive for unbundled minutes. So I'm trying to find
> a way to keep an accumulated total of calls made through that trunk so
> that I can automatically switch to a lower-cost provider when my
> bundled minutes are used. The plan is to store the accumulated time in
> AstDB and reset this with a cron job at the beginning of each period.
>
> I understand that the Dial() application sets two variables -
> DIALEDTIME and ANSWEREDTIME - to the total time the Dial() application
> ran and the time since the call was answered respectively. However, I
> can't find a way to access these. I've tried the following:
>
> exten => s,1,Dial(${rgMain}/${EXTEN},${RINGTIME},t)
> exten => s,n,Log(NOTICE, Call to ${EXTEN} lasted ${DIALEDTIME})
>
> However the expected notice does not appear in
> /var/log/asterisk/messages, which is where other notices generated
> with the Log() application do.
>
> Can someone point the way?
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Geoff

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.