[asterisk-users] call file bug?

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 22:04:54 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Ray Chen <ray1017 at techie.com> wrote:
> I have a problem of using call file to make an auto dial out call through
> FXO channel. I defined the channel in the call file as "Channel:
> DAHDI/1/8775203463" When I put the call file under the
> /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing dir it did not call out but came to the context
> I defined in extensions.conf as if the callee had answered the call. If I
> make a call from an extension to DAHDI/1/8775203463 it'll success. . If I
> change the channel to SIP/8000 and put the call file under
> /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing it is also success - it calls the extension
> 8000 and the controle goes to the context after the extension 8000 answers
> the call. I am using asterisk 1.4.23.1. Is it a bug introduced in this
> release?

  It's probably the result of FXO lines having very little signalling. IOW,
  asterisk picks up the FXO line and dials the number... By then it has
  no way of knowing wheather the other party answered or not. That's
  probably why your getting your "other leg" too early in the process.

  Maybe you could try to Wait() for a few seconds on your dialplan.
--
  exvito