[asterisk-users] AgentCallbackLogin via dialaplan and device state

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Tue Feb 17 19:05:08 CST 2009

With the 1.4 series I see that AgentCallbackLogin is deprecated and that
to get the functionality it is suggested that it be implemented via
dialplan.

I've read through and followed the examples near as I can tell.  Agent
login/logout works fine with the agents being added to their respective
queues and offered calls from the queues to which they've been added.

The catch however is with monitoring device state on Local/ channels.
Any agent logged in with a Local/ device is always shown as "not in use"
and as a result can be, and often is, offered multiple calls from the
queue.  Local/ device definitions have been used to allow agents to log
in using either SIP devices registered with the server or external numbers.

A similar configuration using AgentCallbackLogin works fine with the
agent state being correctly reflected in the queue when the agent is on
a call.  However, with it being a deprecated option, I'd like to avoid
using it.

In researching this, I found a reference on voip-info.org that indicated
the Local/ channels do not support state information in 1.4 without a
backport from 1.6.  Near as I can tell the Ubuntu package that I'm using
has this backport already.

Can someone here provide pointers on how not only allow an agent to
provide a dynamic call back number, but still limit the number of calls
from the queue to agents?

If samples of my configuration files would help illustrate, I'd be happy
to provide them.

--
Jamin W. Collins