[asterisk-users] Please help test the gender detection module at 575-613-4392

Asterisk Asterisk nt_asterisk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 11:10:38 CST 2009

That's funny. The way I have it phrased, when I called I started talking to it as well! I have some code for short list voice recognition and thought about detecting yes and no in there, but I ran out of time...and the prompts were already recorded.

Thank you everyone for helping test the module. There have been 200+ calls from users on the list and they are still coming in. We're getting about 65%-70% success rate. My target is 80%-85% in random sampling and 90%-95% in controlled settings.

Update: I'm adjusting the detection ratios tomorrow, so that should improve general detection results based on the received data. I'm implementing filters to remove the background noise. I'd guess that 5% of those testing are trying to fool the system for fun, in one way or another. When the user is unaware of sampling, the results are slightly higher. My greeting suggests a less masculine phrase, but with a male voice. I suspect this throws off both genders' recordings. I probably should have had testers say their own names, since testers rarely divert on that.