[asterisk-users] Questions about OpenSky - Asterisk to Skype Gateway

Michael Robertson michael at michaelrobertson.com
Tue Feb 17 10:46:15 CST 2009

>> On Feb 13, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
>>
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > is gizmo the first user of the Digium Skype solution, or do they use a
>> > different approach/product - any clue?
>> >
>> > http://www.gizmo5.com/pc/opensky/
>> >
>> > Philipp

OpenSky is no related to any product from Digium. It is a different product.
Today it's not as integrated as what is promised from Digium/ebay (it is is
outbound only). However it is here today and it's free. It's also a hosted
solution - meaning there's nothing to install or maintain on your Asterisk
box. Just change a few lines in your configuration file (and even that is
not necessary if you just dial a Skype name like this:
nameofskypeuser at opensky.gizmo5.com).

From: Alejandro Lengua <alejandro.lengua at gmail.com>

What about receiving Skype calls on Gizmo or other SIP device?
Looking into the website I don't see anything regarding that.

We are working on that capability and should have it shortly. Let me know if
you want to be a tester.

--
-- MR

Michael Robertson