[asterisk-users] DTMF not completely muted

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Mon Feb 16 17:54:18 CST 2009

Wilton Helm <whelm <at> compuserve.com> writes:

> The DADHI function is probably intended for more
> generalized use.  Maybe for recording voicemail greetings it should not be
> used and a different function used instead.  There is no reason why it
> isn't possible to backup in the recorded message and erase the blip.  The
> detection time should approximate a known constant, and that much could be
> removed.

Yes, that might be the way to go. I'm playing around with a modified
__ast_play_and_record() that stops recording when the button is pressed, not
released. I also have it hacking off the last 150ms of the recording if '#' is
pressed. I'm not sure 150ms is enough, actually -- I think I want to cut off the
noise of the button push / fumbling, and at least with my Linksys ATA there's
sometimes a separate blip up to 300ms before tone detection.

Mike