[asterisk-users] AstDB wildard searches

Geoff Lane geoff at gjctech.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 10:30:12 CST 2009

On Monday, February 16, 2009, Jared Smith wrote:

> If you have that many items in a database and want to do those types
> of filters, why not stick them in a SQL database and use func_odbc
> to retrieve them from your SQL database inside the dialplan?

Thanks for your suggestion. My Asterisk machine has MySQL, and I might
go down that route at some time. However, my query is part of an
almost academic exercise in which I'm trying to find out what AstDB is
capable of. Unfortunately your excellent book has only enticing hints;
and, although I have shedloads of experience with RDBMSs, this is the
first Berkeley DB I've used.

Thanks again,

--
Geoff