[asterisk-users] Autodialler query

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Sun Feb 15 19:21:44 CST 2009

On 6/02/2009 6:33 a.m., Sriram wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've a requirement for one of my operators for an autodialler for which i plan to deploy asterisk (I already have 3 asterisk servers on PRI running very well ! ). The scene is like : Asterisk will call a customer and play a prompt that prompts him to press 1 if he wishes to talk to an agent , If the customer presses 1 then the call gets connected to one of my proffessional agents who talk on certain subject - but the challenge here is that the moment he presses 1 - the customer should be billed a premium rate ex, Rs.9 per minute (And the billing has to be done by operator's switch) .. Is that possible ? If yes then can anyone guide me as to what all points i need to focus on during my discussion with operator ?

I don't think you can charge a customer for calling them via the telco.

You could send them a bill or charge a credit card or whatever, but if
you could reverse charge a customer for receiving a call wouldn't
everyone do it?

Well, on second thoughts, collect calls reverse charge so maybe look
into that.

--
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell