[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.x timing API

Mike mike at derbywireless.net
Fri Feb 13 18:54:10 CST 2009

Folks,

I've read some sources claiming that Asterisk does not need DAHDI for
timing in 1.6.1.  Is this true?  Searching the web, all I can find is
pages celebrating the fact but no actual documentation on which version
it was introduced in and how one would go about configuring an external
time source.

I'm having a devil of a job trying to compile DAHDI on a hosted Xen VM
and thought I might try my luck using the timing API instead.

Does it exist and if so, where can I find some docs on setting it up?

Cheers,
Mike.