[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 CDR fields...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Feb 13 16:13:21 CST 2009

	We made a very simple application to insert the cost of a call into the
CDR table that Asterisk uses.  We recently upgraded to Asterisk 1.6 and
I noticed that my application stopped working.

	The reason is that my application depends on a field called "route" to
be NULL so that it knows that that call needs to be processed.  It then
pulls the route from a table and updates the cost field on the database
and the name of the route into the route field.

	The problem with 1.6 seems to be that when it posts a CDR it now sets
the route field to '' (blank) instead of leaving it NULL.  I do not know
why it does this as that field is not even in the default table that
Asterisk uses for CDR.  Is there a way I can prevent 1.6 from setting
that field or to tell it to leave it NULL?

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001