[asterisk-users] PRI Test Lab

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:17:20 CST 2009

On 2/13/09, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Matt Florell wrote:
>
>  > My understanding is that this setting lets you ignore the timing
>  > signal coming from the other end of one of the ports, and the card
>  > will take another timing source from a port that you specify and
>  > "force" it to be used as a timer on that first port.
>

> That is very close to what our cards do, except that it's not
>  controllable on a port-by-port basis.
>
>  In that situation, which port did you pick as the clock source for the
>  channelbank port, and what was the clock source for it prior to that?

When I got it working I had set the clock source to the 4th port on
the card for the channelbank which was on the first port. We never
tried any other ports because I was afraid to touch it after I got it
working.

Before it was working, we had tried every one of the dozens of
combinations of timing settings in zapata.conf for the 4 spans, and
none of them worked.

As a note, I should mention that this was over 2 years ago.

Thanks,

MATT---