[asterisk-users] CISCO 2950 -> 4 connections -> Cap of 512 Kbps -> How to bond ?

peder at networkoblivion.com peder at networkoblivion.com
Fri Feb 13 10:19:21 CST 2009

> 1. Is it a technical reason that the ISP has restricted the upload to
> 512 Kbps or is it a Marketing reason that they have restricted the
> upload ?

Marketing most likely.  If they have fiber in the building, it would be
a symmetric link.  I have never seen a fiber connection that isn't the
same up and down.  They are just trying to sell it like DSL.

> 2. Can I boot the cisco switch in run level 1 and modify the rate
> limits on each of the ports ?

2950's don't support rate limiting, they are just semi-dumb layer2
devices.  They have to be doing this upstream on a router somewhere.