[asterisk-users] Cisco IP Phone 7940G.

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Fri Feb 13 09:54:59 CST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Ronny Julian wrote:

> Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>> If you are running Linux you already have a TFTP server.  You just need to
>> enable it.
>>

> So there is one on the Asterisk box then?  How would I enable it there?
> Thanks for helping a newbie!

Depends on your flavor of Linux and what you have installed to manage your
inbound network connections.  For CentOS/xinetd you will have a directory
/etc/xinetd.d with a file "tftp".  Edit this file and change the line that
says "disable = yes" to "disable = no".  You then need to send a HUP
signal to the xinetd process to get it reread these configs.  Get the
process ID with "ps -eaf | grep xinetd", then send it the signal with
"kill -1 <pid>".

If you don't have xinetd installed you may have regular inetd.  In this
case edit /etc/inetd.conf, find the line that starts with "tftp" and make
sure it isn't commented out.  Send the HUP signal to the inetd process as
above.

In any case you should see attempts to GET or PUT files in
/var/log/messages (or /var/log/*tftpd*).

Cheers,