[asterisk-users] PRI Test Lab

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Feb 13 07:30:01 CST 2009

Matt Florell wrote:

> If you want to be able to set Master timing you will have to use
> Sangoma cards, they allow you force the timing in the wanrouter
> configuration. I have done extensive testing with crossover T1/E1/PRIs

I don't believe this is true; we use Digium cards connected back-to-back
to each other, with one providing the span timing (clock) all the time.
This is a very common configuration and works fine.

To set a Zaptel/DAHDI card to provide span timing, just set all the
spans on it to 'zero' as the priority for timing source; when none of
the span clocks are the timing source, the onboard clock on the card
will be the timing source.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com