[asterisk-users] PRI Test Lab

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Feb 13 05:23:17 CST 2009

Olivier wrote:

> I thought that, with PRI, it was possible to play using a single E1/T1
> port and a T1/E1 loopback adapter (a RJ45 plug with properly assigned
> wires which makes any outgoing call an incoming one on another PRI
> channel) ?
>
> For lab testing, this kind of trick seems very useful.
> I've never tried it yet but is it correct ?

No, because HDLC and ISDN Q.921 would not come up.  That requires two
distinct endpoints and a bidirectional traffic exchange.

I think some Sangoma cards have a mode where you can put the "port" in a
certain kind of "loopback" mode for this type of thing, but I am not
sure--and in any case, that is a different concept.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems