[asterisk-users] CISCO 2950 -> 4 connections -> Cap of 512 Kbps -> How to bond ?

Vikas topgun9 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:04:00 CST 2009

The ISP giving net access at our office has installed a 24 port CISCO
2950 switch in our server room. I can buy 24 connections from them and
get 12Mbps of Upload but each individual connection is restricted to
512Kbps.
Currently we have requirement of 20 simulataneous calls so we
purchased 4 connections from the ISP. Giving us a total of 2 Mbps of
upload b/w but spread over 4 different connections from the ISP. Each
connection we buy from the ISP gives us the right to use one port on
this CISCO 2950 switch. So curretly we have purchased 4 connections
from the ISP and hence we have the right to use 4 ports on this
switch.

My three questions are:
1. Is there any technical reason behind why the ISP will not sell more
then 512 Kbps of b/w on a single port to us ?
2. Can I do something to over come the restriction put by the ISP.
3. Is there an automated script that can load balance the asterisk
calls across these 4 connections ?

Thanks,