[asterisk-users] Caller ID replacement

Matthew Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Thu Feb 12 10:47:46 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 11:27 -0500, David Ruggles wrote:
> I'm working on building a pbx that will allow us to use our cellphones as
> extensions (to some extent)
>
> The dialout is working fine. What I would like to do is have an inbound
> cellphone call appear as if it were an extension. So right now if I call in
> from cell #9995551212 the caller id is 9995551212 but if I dial extension
> 30013 it will call cell #9995551212. I would like to change the caller id so
> 9995551212 is changed to 30013 on the inbound call. Doing one is simple
> enough, but I would like have an easy (more or less) way of setting up some
> global variables that link the cell phone #'s and extensions and have this
> done somewhat automagically.

I would implement this using the a database (astdb or odbc) containing
the mapping from cell number to extension.  Then for each call that may
need callerid modification, you can check the database for the proper
mapping.  With this method it is also easy to add new mappings.

--
Matthew Nicholson
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer