[asterisk-users] Caller ID replacement

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Thu Feb 12 10:27:10 CST 2009

I'm working on building a pbx that will allow us to use our cellphones as
extensions (to some extent)

The dialout is working fine. What I would like to do is have an inbound
cellphone call appear as if it were an extension. So right now if I call in
from cell #9995551212 the caller id is 9995551212 but if I dial extension
30013 it will call cell #9995551212. I would like to change the caller id so
9995551212 is changed to 30013 on the inbound call. Doing one is simple
enough, but I would like have an easy (more or less) way of setting up some
global variables that link the cell phone #'s and extensions and have this
done somewhat automagically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David Ruggles