[asterisk-users] OSLEC not being loaded on Ubuntu Intrepid

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 09:59:26 CST 2009

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on this.

I have recently migrated my server from a custom built Linux with
Asterisk, Zaptel and Oslec running fine, to Ubuntu Server 8.10.

I have Asterisk installed via synaptic at it works fine.

I have built and installed the zaptel package by doing the following
commands:

sudo m-a -t build zaptel
cd /usr/src
sudo dpkg -i zaptel-modules-{version}.deb
sudo modprobe zaptel
sudo modprobe wcfxo

But when the wcfxo module is loaded, it is not loading the oslec module.
There is an oslec.ko in /lib/modules/my-running-kernel-version/misc/oslec/

According to launchpad, oslec should be the default ec now for zaptel.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks

Alan