[asterisk-users] How to make the Asterisk-GUIworkwithDAHDI..please??

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Feb 12 09:11:59 CST 2009

Probably not a "Real" term (apologies especially to the foreign language
readers)

In * 1.4.22*  there is a Zaptel-to-DAHDI.txt file; here is the excerpt I
derived my term from
"However, in spite of the file name changes, the channels and
applications provided by these modules can still be used with 'Zap'
style names; see below for more information.

Second, there are have been a number of efforts made to ensure that
existing systems will not have to have any major configuration changes
made solely because Asterisk was built against DAHDI instead of
Zaptel. This includes:

chan_dahdi.so:

  This module will determine which channel name ('Zap' or 'DAHDI')
  should be used for incoming and outgoing channels based on the
  build-time choice of telephony drivers. However, if you wish to
  continue using the 'Zap' channel name even though you built Asterisk
  against the DAHDI drivers, you can add the following line to the
  [options] section of your /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf file:

    dahdichanname = no

  All CLI commands that begin with 'zap' are now available as 'dahdi'
  commands as well; the 'zap' variants will report that they are
  deprecated the first time you use each one in an Asterisk instance
"