[asterisk-users] Friday the 13th Muhahaha Allison Smith and more on the Polycom Applications

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:18:28 CST 2009

Hi,

Allison Smith continues to contribute to the open source asterisk
resources and she is launching a new site that will make it even
easier to grab sound files. Allison joins us to talk about that and
whatever else comes up. She says:

"I have been the Voice of Asterisk -- the world's fastest-growing
telephony platform -- since its inception (which for me, was marked by
an animated e-mail  I received around 2002 from some hyperactive young
guys in Alabama, asking me to do their quite unusual and offbeat
prompts -- I was more than happy to voice them, but pretty much
dismissed it as a one-off. Just one of those fun sessions in which I
was voicing things like "Weasels have eaten our phone system!" instead
of the usual "Press One for Technical Support" IVR fare which I was
accustomed to voicing.) Up until that point, I'd never heard of Digium
(owners and maintainers of Asterisk), and who could anticipate how big
and rapidly Asterisk would grow?"

Allison is always fun to have on board, be there live to welcome her.

After Polycom last week, we need to kick around ideas for the
applications contest, so a little later in the call we will be doing
just that.

Join us for this weekly event, it's basically a large Asterisk User
Group: http://www.voipusersconference.org

Permatime: http://permatime.com/CET/2009-02-13/18:00/VoIP_Users_Conference

SIP: 7463#22622#1 at proxy.IdeaSIP.com  (Please use your PIN in the place of the 1)

IRC #voip-users-conference on Freenode.net

/r